Firearms Licensing (COVID-19)
Firearms Licensing shall be completed through a mail-in process. Please DO NOT come to the station to apply for your license at this time.
The following guidelines will assist you in submitting your application via US Mail:
- New licenses applicants should download the Firearms Application from our website – under the Records Division, Firearms Licensing tab.
- New license applicants will be required to come to the BPD (AT A LATER TIME) to complete fingerprints. We will continue to process your application until such time that fingerprints can be obtained post CODID-19 restrictions.
Renewal applicants will not require new fingerprints.
- New applicants are also required to take a Firearms Safety Course. Upon completion of the safety course applicants will be issued a certificate which will be required documentation for the firearms license application.
- The fee for applications is $100.00, unless you are over 70 years of age. If you are over 70 years of age, and this is a renewal the application is free. At this time a check or money order is acceptable, made payable to TOWN OF BARNSTABLE. NO CASH.
- All applicants should mail their completed application form, check and firearms safety certificate if applicable, to Barnstable Police Department PO Box B, Hyannis, MA 02601 ATTN: Records Division
- Please be sure to include a check or money order for the licensing fee in the amount of $100.
- Also if possible include your email so that records staff can contact you with any questions and make arrangements for an appointment to obtain fingerprints..
- A receipt of the transaction will be mailed to you.
- For persons that renew their licenses BEFORE they expire, the transaction receipt will keep your current license active until the new one is either approved or denied.If you have any questions regarding firearms licensing procedures or applicable fees, Please contact Records Supervisor Kathleen Hinckley at 508-775-5466 or email@example.com
Firearm Fees as follows:
License to Carry $100.00
Firearms Identification Card $100.00
Firearms Identification Card-under 18 YOA $ 25.00
Renewal applicants over the age of 70 $ .00
Retired law enforcement personnel $ 25.00
Make all checks and money orders payable to TOWN OF BARNSTABLE.
Credit or debit cards are not accepted and all application fees are non-refundable.