NEW FIREARM APPLICANTS:
All new applications for firearms licenses must complete the application including the home firearm safety course and payment. You can either mail in the application to 1200 Phinney’s Lane, Hyannis, MA 02601 or drop it off in the blue drop box in the lobby of the Barnstable Police Department. Once the application is processed Jessica Brady will be contacting you to complete the in-person process. If you have any question you can email Jessica at: email@example.com
Firearm renewals are being done electronically. Please go to our website www.barnstablepolice.com and under the “Records” tab hit the “Firearms Licensing” tab. Then hit the Firearms License to Carry application. Complete your application and mail or drop off to our facility location at 1200 Phinney’s Lane, Hyannis. PLEASE NOTE: Renewal applications will not be accepted any sooner than 3 months before the current LTC/FID expires.
For your convenience we have placed a mailbox in our front lobby for you to submit your paperwork and check for processing.
If you prefer you can mail your application and check to the following address.
Barnstable Police Department, 1200 Phinney’s Lane, Hyannis, MA 02601 Attn: Firearms Licensing
Please do not forget to remit your check and note your email address on your application.
A Records staff member will be in touch to process your firearms application.
PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO REMIT YOUR FEE
The following guidelines will assist you in submitting your application via US Mail or lobby drop off:
- New licenses applicants should download the Firearms Application from our website – under the Records Division, Firearms Licensing tab.
- New license applicants will be required to come to the BPD by appointment ONLY to complete fingerprints and photograph.
- New applicants are also required to take a Firearms Safety Course. Upon completion of the safety course applicants will be issued a certificate which will be required documentation for the firearms license application
- The fee for applications is $100.00. If you are over 70 years of age and this is a RENEWAL application there is no fee. If you are over 70 years of age and have not had a firearms license before the fee is $100.00. A check, money order, or online payment is acceptable. Checks and money orders should be payable to TOWN OF BARNSTABLE.
- All applicants should mail or drop off their completed application form, check or a copy of the paid online receipt along with your firearms safety certificate (if applicable), to Barnstable Police Department 1200 Phinney’s Lane, Hyannis, MA 02601 ATTN: Records Division
- Please be sure to include a check, money order, or online receipt for the licensing fee in the amount of $100.
- Also include your email address so that records staff can contact you with any questions and make arrangements for an appointment to obtain fingerprints.
- A receipt of the transaction will be mailed to you.
- For persons that renew their licenses BEFORE they expire, the transaction receipt will keep your current license active until the new one is either approved or denied. If you have any questions regarding firearms licensing procedures or applicable fees, Please contact Records Administrative Assistant Jessica Brady at 508-775-5466 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Firearm Fees as follows:
License to Carry $100.00
Firearms Identification Card $100.00
Firearms Identification Card-under 18 YOA $ 25.00
Renewal applicants over the age of 70 $ .00
Retired law enforcement personnel $ 25.00
Make all checks and money orders payable to TOWN OF BARNSTABLE.
Also, take advantage of our online payment option using the link above.
Barnstable Police Department
Records Administrative Assistant
1200 Phinney’s Lane
Hyannis, MA 02601